St. Maarten was a bust. Tried to get this shot by the airport, but realized there are five variables that would have needed to align perfectly:
– Arrival times (roughly one big bird every hour or two)
– Weather (cloudy/rainy the whole time)
– Daylight (not the best time of year)
– Crowds (ever-present, rendering it hard to set up a shot)
– Tide (covered the sandy part of the shore during all daylight hours, giving me nowhere to dance)
And anyway, there are better versions out there of the same basic idea, like, say, this one…
Anyone out there got any connections who might be able to help me set something like that up?
The other big idea was to shoot a Sea Trek clip. The Sea Trek folks offered to help me get a shot on the ocean floor with nine of us dancing in front of a wrecked submarine. Alas, the remnants of Hurricane Tomas ensured that wasn't going happen.
The only bright spot in an otherwise cursed leg of the trip: met up with Melissa. She is coming along for the next two weeks. Hot dog!